Why this ad?
Skip navigation

no spam, unsubscribe anytime.
Skip navigation

Missing diamond ring found inside pet dog

A dog named Barney swallowed a family heirloom in the form of a 100-year-old diamond ring, but survived because his owner, Karen Woolley, quickly rushed him to the hospital, according to PeoplePets.com.

Amazingly, the ring was found when Woolley and her husband bought a metal detector to scan for the missing ring, and the scanner started beeping when pointed at the dog.

Woolley, who lost the ring while taking a bath, says that she won't be making the same mistake again.

"It doesn't come off my hand now. If I take it off for a bath, I make sure I put it in a box," said Woolley.

Pet owners should be careful with metal rings and jewelry around the house. An x-ray scan showed the diamond ring inside Barney the cocker spaniel mix's belly.

The vets moved quickly to avoid the ring from reaching Barney's intestines. If dogs swallow small and hard objects such as diamond rings, they risk suffering from internal bleeding.

Almost 40 percent of American households have at least one dog, according to the Humane Society. About a quarter of households with pooches have two dogs.
 
Why this ad? Why this ad? Why this ad? Tiered Order Discount
Share this page and help fund food & care: